How do you make a wooden box?
- Cut all of your wood pieces on a table saw to the measurements listed above.
- Once the pieces are cut, sand any rough edges.
- Prime and paint all the pieces.
- Lay one of the sides of your box face down on a table or flat surface.
- Glue with wood glue.
- Repeat with the second side and the other 2 supports.
What wood should I use to build a box?
Choose your wood. For example, if you’re making a jewelry box, consider thin pieces of cedar, ash or oak. It will be easier to make a smaller box with thinner wood. Save larger pieces or boards for bigger boxes. This will also prevent you from having to do too much trimming.