Can you make jewelry out of wood?
Wooden beads have always been an infinite source of inspiration and a cool craft material to make earrings, necklaces and bracelets. But the beads shape is not the only one, it can be replaced by wooden disks or triangles or any shapes you prefer. Look at the tutorials below and make some pretty wooden jewelry!
How do you finish a wooden box?
Sand the wood using a high-grit sandpaper to prepare the wood for the finish. If the wood is quite rough, use a low-grit sandpaper, move to a medium-grit paper then finish with a high-grit sandpaper, making sure to smooth any rough edges. Sand the wood in circular motions. Clean the wood with a damp cloth.
How do you make a small wooden box?
- Cut all of your wood pieces on a table saw to the measurements listed above.
- Once the pieces are cut, sand any rough edges.
- Prime and paint all the pieces.
- Lay one of the sides of your box face down on a table or flat surface.
- Glue with wood glue.
- Repeat with the second side and the other 2 supports.
How do you use wood jewelry?
The first thing you want to do is fit your wood pieces into molds that you want to use, and spray those sections of your jewelry mold with the Mold Release Conditioner Spray. Let Dry. You also need to seal the wood pieces by coating them entirely in Ultra Seal and letting them dry.
How do you make a sturdy box?
5 Simple Ways to Strengthen Your Cardboard Box
- Reinforce any gaps.
- Pad the length of the corners with cardboard inserts.
- Add a cardboard layer at the bottom.
- Tape over all inside joints and edges.
- Double box it.
- A Word of Caution.