- 1 How do I get a care package for an inmate?
- 2 Can inmates get packages from Amazon?
- 3 How do I send an inmate a package from Amazon?
- 4 Can you send gifts to inmates?
- 5 What can Prisoners receive as gifts?
- 6 Can I send clothes to a prisoner?
- 7 Can you send a Bible to an inmate?
- 8 What books can you send to an inmate?
- 9 Can prisoners have books?
- 10 What book stores ship to prisons?
- 11 Does Barnes and Noble ship USPS?
- 12 How do I ship a package to Rikers Island?
- 13 Do inmates know who sent them money?
- 14 What is a care package for inmates?
- 15 What can Prisoners do in jail?
How do I get a care package for an inmate?
ORDER INMATE COMMISSARY ONLINE
- LOCATE YOUR LOVED ONE. Click the “Find an Inmate” button and enter your loved one’s first name, last name, or inmate number.
- SELECT YOUR iCARE GIFT.
- LOG IN AND CHECK OUT.
- CONFIRM YOUR ORDER.
- LET US DELIVER IT DIRECTLY!
Can inmates get packages from Amazon?
Amazon.com makes deliveries to prisons. However, we recommend that you contact the prison first to confirm that they accept deliveries and to ask about any special policies they have. The label on the outside of the package should only state the destination address, Amazon.com company name, and return address.
How do I send an inmate a package from Amazon?
The solution is quite simple— write the correctional facility’s initials as a PO number, and they will have to ship it via USPS. Make sure you check with the prison beforehand if they have a PO box. Your order cannot be anonymous, so your Amazon parcel should include the following info: Inmate’s full name and ID number.
Can you send gifts to inmates?
Do I Send or Bring a Gift to an Inmate Directly? You should know that you will never be allowed to send a gift yourself or bring it to the facility during inmate visitation hours. The jail authorities allow only the parcels that were sent by an approved third-party seller/provider.
What can Prisoners receive as gifts?
When choosing things to send inmates, consider these five options to make your loved one’s time away a bit better.
- Letters and messages.
- Commissary money.
- Books, magazines and newspapers.
- Celebratory cards.
Can I send clothes to a prisoner?
The prison will not accept Royal Mail parcels. Only court clothes can be posted in without the need for an application being made first. The parcel must be clearly marked as ‘court clothes’ and cannot contain any other additional items.
Can you send a Bible to an inmate?
Most of the correctional facilities in the United States require you to send books via the United States Postal Service (USPS) because prisoners can’t sign for book parcels. You can also send the reading material to the prisoner directly from a publisher like Barnes & Noble or the approved internet vendors like Amazon.
What books can you send to an inmate?
Six Book Recommendations for Incarcerated People
- Chicken Soup for the Prisoner’s Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit of Hope, Healing and Forgiveness.
- Serving Productive Time: Stories, Poems and Tips to Inspire Positive Change From Inmates, Prison Staff and Volunteers.
Can prisoners have books?
First off, to answer today’s blog question: yes, you can have books in prison. When you are in the general population, you have access to books from the prison library or you can have your friends and family send you books in the mail. Think of it as being in prison inside of a prison.
What book stores ship to prisons?
Shipping to Correctional Facilities Powell’s Books Inc. ships to many correctional facilities, both state and federal.
Does Barnes and Noble ship USPS?
B&N Customer Care on Twitter: “Barnes & Noble ships packages via UPS, USPS, and Lasership.
How do I ship a package to Rikers Island?
If you are sending mail to an inmate in Rikers Island correctional facility:
- You must print the inmates FULL NAME and BOOKING or CASE NUMBER along with a return address in the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Print the full name and address to the facility your loved one is housed.
Do inmates know who sent them money?
In most states, the inmate is notified as to who sent the money. If your inmate is in a facility where the JPay Email service is available, we recommend that you send him or her an email notifying him or her of the money that you just sent. This way, he or she will know who sent the money.
What is a care package for inmates?
A care package might include food like coffee, candy, meats, and seafood. Personal hygiene items like toothpaste, shampoo, and deodorant are commonly included. Some inmates also receive shoes, sweats, or underwear in care packages.
What can Prisoners do in jail?
You can take these things: soap, flannel, comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream, shampoo, deodorant, radio, book, pen and paper. It is your job to look after your things and make sure they are safe. ✓ Your friends or people in your family can send you money while you are in prison.